About this raffle
1. The Promoter
The promoter is: Gold Traders (UK) Limited t/as The Britannia Coin Company, a company registered in England Wales with registered number 6521732 of 143 High Street, Royal Wootton Bassett, SN4 7AB ("Promoter").
2. The Competition
The title of the competition is the "James Bond 2 Kilo Gold Coin Raffle".
3. How to enter
- The competition will run from 10:00pm on 21 September 2021 (the "Opening Date") to 11:59pm on 30 April (the "Closing Date") inclusive.
- All competition entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than 11:59pm on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are not eligible and are automatically disqualified.
To enter the competition each participant must first create an account at https://britanniacoincompany.com by the Closing Date. Upon completion of the registration process, the participants will be given a multiple choice question to answer. To enter, participants can either:
3.3.1 Online entries
- Enter online by answering the multiple choice question at https://britanniacoincompany.com. Upon the correct answer being input, the participant will be invited to purchase a ticket for £5.00 to enable them to be entered into the prize draw for the Prize (as defined in clause 5 below); and
- Each participant will be allowed to buy up to 250 tickets for the prize draw in accordance with 3.3.1(a): or
3.3.2 Postal entries
- Enter by post (only where the participant has not otherwise entered or bought tickets in accordance with clause 3.3.1), by submitting the participant’s answer to the multiple choice question along with [the participant’s name, date of birth, address and email address on standard A6 postcard (148mm x 105mm)] (the “Postal Application Form”) and sending this in accordance with clause 3.3.2(b);
- The Postal Application Form will need to be:
- (i) sent by Royal Mail First Class; and
- (ii) addressed to: James Bond Competition, Gold Traders (UK) Limited, 143 High Street, Royal Wootton Bassett, SN4 7AB.
- Postal entries shall be limited to one per household, and each postal entry submitted strictly in accordance with this clause 3 shall grant to the participant one ticket for the prize draw.
The Promoter may at its sole discretion close the prize draw after 50,000 tickets have been sold in accordance with clause 3.3 to ensure that each participant has a reasonable chance of winning the Prize, and the Promoter’s choice to close the prize draw will be communicated with the participants by means of written communication to the email address provided by each participant during the online or postal registration process. Any entries received after the Promoter’s written communication having been sent will not count.
3.5 Additional Tickets
If fewer than 30,000 tickets have been sold to participants (in accordance with clause 3.3.1) by the Closing Date, the Promoter has the right to:
- extend the competition by substituting the Closing Date with a later closing date to be no later than 31 May 2022 (“Substitute Closing Date”); and / or
- complete the prize draw on the Closing Date or the Substitute Closing Date, and if the Promoter so chooses acting at its absolute discretion, substitute for the Prize an alternative lesser cash prize of a value equal to 85% of monies received by the Promoter in ticket sales for the prize draw.
3.6 Invalid Entries / Responsibilities
The Promoter will not accept:
- responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
3.7 Agreement of Terms
By submitting a competition entry, each participant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions, and any competition entry which does not, in all respects, comply with the requirements of this clause 3 will be void.
3.8 Additional Help
For help with entries, please contact us.
Please see https://britanniacoincompany.com/james-bond-2-kilo-gold-coin-raffle/ for a copy of these competition terms and conditions.
The winning participant will be selected by random draw. The prize draw will be live streamed on The Britannia Coin Company Facebook page and overseen by an independent verifier (the “Judge”).
The competition is open to entrants aged 18 years or over, except:
- employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- photocopies and not originals; or
There is a limit of 250 tickets per participant for each successful completion of the multiple choice question. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify any participant if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
5.0 The prize
The prize is a Royal Mint 2020 James Bond 2 kilo gold proof coin, COA #1, valued at £175,000 (the “Prize”).
- The winning participant will have the option of accepting the Prize or a cash equivalent of the bullion value of the Prize, calculated by reference to the price of gold on the relevant day.
- As detailed at clause 3.3(c) above, if the requisite number of tickets have not been sold by the Closing Date, the Promoter at its sole discretion may change the Prize. This will be a lesser cash prize in a value equal to 85% of ticket sales for the prize draw.
The prize is supplied by Jon White of 143 High Street, Royal Wootton Bassett, Swindon, England, SN4 7AB. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
The Prize is not negotiable or transferable.
The prize draw will be live streamed on The Britannia Coin Company Facebook page on 2 May 2022 (the “Announcement Date”). The decision of the Judge is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
The Promoter will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry. The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the competition entry form has been submitted.
The Promoter reserves the right to publish the surname and location of the participant who has won the Prize and, if applicable, their winning entry on the Britannia Coin Company web site on the Announcement Date.
If a participant objects to any or all of its surname, location and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
Claiming the prize
If you are the winning participant in the prize draw, you will have 7 days from the Announcement Date to claim the Prize by acknowledging our winning notification communication. The prize may be collected, or by agreement, shipped to the prize winner’s address. If the prize is to be shipped, the shipping cost is the responsibility of the winner. The Promoter takes no responsibility for losses, damage in transit or any customs or import fees that may fall due.
The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winning participant. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed the Prize within 7 of days of the Announcement Date, the Promoter reserves the right to re run the prize draw from the entries that were received before the Closing Date.
The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to accept the Prize.
Limitation of liability
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winning participant or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of accepting the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. The statutory rights of participants are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude a participant from participating in the competition and prize draw.
The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.