David Bowie 2020 UK One Ounce Silver Proof Coin : Royal Mint Music Legends Series
At the time of writing, no information has been officially released by The Royal Mint. However, as is customary, a Royal Proclamation has been published by The Privy Council, which gives us the basic facts on the upcoming release.
David Bowie Gold Coins
- One Kilo £1,000 / One Thousand Pounds
- Five Ounce, £500 / Five Hundred Pounds
- Two Ounce, £200 / Two Hundred Pounds
- One Ounce, £100 / One Hundred Pounds
- Quarter Ounce, £25 / Twenty Five Pounds
David Bowie Silver Coins
- Five Ounce, £10 / Ten Pounds
- Two Ounce, £5 / Five Pounds
- One Ounce, £2 / Two Pounds
- Half Ounce, £1 / One Pound
David Bowie Cupro-nickel Coins
At this stage, the main snippit of detail in the proclamation in relation to the design is:
... and for the reverse a depiction of David Bowie and the inscription "BOWIE".
The one kilo gold proof coin will have a patterned edge, whilst all other denominations will have a grained edge.
Two variations are stated for the one ounce, £2 silver proof. One is to have a plain edge, with the inscription "THE STARS ARE NEVER FAR AWAY" and the other to have a grained edge with microtext of "2021 1OZ FINE SILVER 999.
We are always proud to show off our previous customers experiences with you and what they thought of our purchasing through with Britannia Coins.